Twisted Tube Heat Exchangers are solved them with a revolutionary tube shape and bundle construction. The result is better performance than ever before. Hundreds of twisted tube exchangers have been operated under a wide variety of field conditions. Over the years, its bundle technology has proven to be more efficient, reliable and trouble-free than any other exchanger. Ongoing research and product development ensures that Koch Heat Transfer Company customers get maximum performance from their twisted tube heat exchangers.
Process Of Twisted Tube Heat Exchangers:
The twisted tube heat exchangers have a flat cross section and a twisted shape. As a result the flow of the fluid inside the tube becomes turbulent already at low flow rates, which increases the rate of heat transfer and makes the heat exchanger more efficient at any flow rate. The increased turbulence and the twisted tube design scrub the tube walls and decrease the fouling. Elimination of vibration damages since the twisted tubes support each other along their whole lengths. Lower pressure loss on the shell side since the baffle plates could be omitted. Lower pressure loss also on the tube side, since the heat exchanger can be made shorter and the need for a multi pass design decreases. Twisted tube inserts generate swirls, which direct fluid in the centre towards the pipe wall and fluid near the pipe wall towards centre. This phenomenon is the result of fluid flowing in a curvilinear path, which promote mixing and increase in heat transfer coefficient.
Attributes Of Twisted Tube Heat Exchangers:
- Increased heat transfer
- Smaller exchangers or fewer shells
- Elimination of vibration
- Reduced fouling
- Increased heat transfer
- Lower installed cost
- Extended run time between cleanings
Advantages Of Twisted Tube Heat Exchangers:
- High heating efficiency for pool heating, big flow volume, compactable, easy installation and durable.
- Material: All stainless steel 316L or titanium
- Max design temperature:208°C
- Max. working pressure:1.3Mpa
- provides higher transmission performance
- Uniform heat transfer
- More economic
- For fast high temperature heating and fast low temperature cooling
- High heat exchange speed, high temperature resistance (400°C) and high pressure resistance(2.5MPa); High efficiency and energy conservation: The heat transfer coefficient reaches 3000-4000W/m2.°C in the transfer from steam to water and 2000-3500 W/m2.°C in the transfer from water to water.
2.The pipes of heat transfer are stainless steel, so they have a long service life which is over twenty years.
3.High water storage capacity .
- There are hardly dead water places in the heat exchanger, the availability of volume is high, water waste is small, and water supply is safe and stable. Designed flexibly, complete specifications, practical and fund scan be saved. With the large water storage, the little cold water places in the heat exchangers, the high volume’s availability, less water head loss; it has the safe and stable water supply effect.
5. Flexible Design, complete specifications, practical and narrow target and saving the cost well. The heat exchanger is able to inspect water temperature continuously and automatically, then control the temperature accurately by instructing control valves to regulate the hot mediator’s flow rate in the coil pipes.
- The temperature of outlet water can remain in the scope of 2°C of the set point under the condition of load fluctuation. Low maintenance costs, easy to operate, long period of cleaning fouling, and easy cleaning.
Applications Of Twisted Tube Heat Exchangers:
- CRU Combined Feed
- Hydro treated Feed / Effluent
- Rich / Lean Amine
- Sour Water Feed / Effluent
- Quench Water Coolers
- Overhead Condensers
- Kettle Re boilers,
- Construction machinery,
- Air separation,
- Chemistry industry,
- Petroleum chemical industry,
- Watercraft and refrigeration air-condition