Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger
Tipo Shell & tube heat exchangers offer large surface area in combination with efficient heat transfer and compactness. These are widely used in industries for various duties like cooling, heating, condensation, evaporation etc. GOEL are the pioneers in the field of glass shell and tube heat exchangers in India and their product has wide market acceptability.
Salient Features of Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger:
- Universal corrosion resistance an excellent alternative to expensive MOCs like graphite, hastelloy, copper titanium, tantalum and other exotic metals.
- Excellent heat transfer as fouling does not occur on smooth glass surfaces.
- Flexibility of installation vertical/horizontal.
- Easy replacement of tubes for repair and cleaning.
- Available in wide range of HTAs.
- Ease of installation due to light weight.
- Suitable for applications where large HTAs are required in limited space.
- Power Generation
- Marine Applications
- Pulp and Paper
- Air Processing and Compressor Cooling
- Metals and Mining
- Space Heating
- Air Conditioning Plants
- Power Plants
- Chemical Plant
- Petrol Chemical Plant
- Petroleum refineries
- Natural Gas Processing
- Sewage Treatment
Types of Shell & Tube Heat Exchangers:
- Direct Contact Heat Exchangers
- Co-current (Parallel) Flow Heat Exchangers
- Regenerative Heat Exchangers
- Shell Tube Heat Exchanger streams a process fluid and other cooling water or air.
- This is an efficient way to conserve energy.
- Two-phase heat exchangers can be used to heat a liquid to boil it into a gas
- Can be used in systems working under high temperatures and pressures
- Pressure drop across a tube cooler is less
- Less expensive than other types such as plate exchangers
- Tube leaks can easily spotted and plugged since pressure test is comparatively easy
- Easy to repair
- Tubular coolers in refrigeration system can act as receiver also.
- Tube coolers may be preferred for lubricating oil cooling because of the pressure differential
- Configuration shell and tube heat exchanger type provide large surface area with small shape or volume.
- This heat exchanger type has good mechanical lay-out and good shape for pressurized operation.
- Shell and tube heat exchanger type use well-established fabrication techniques.
- This heat exchanger type can be made with different materials in which selected materials can be used in accordance with operating temperature and operating pressure.
- Easy to clean shell and tube heat exchanger type.