Plate Heat Exchangers
The plate heat exchangers are also known as a plate and frame heat exchanger or flat plate heat exchanger. In plate heat exchangers, heat is transferred from one fluid to another through a flat metal heat exchanger plate, instead of through a heat exchanger tube wall as with double pipe or shell and tube heat exchangers.
Heat exchangers are devices used to transfer energy between two fluids at different temperatures. They improve energy efficiency, because the energy already within the system can be transferred to another part of the process, instead of just being pumped out and wasted. In the new era of sustainability, the growing urgency to save energy and reduce overall environmental impacts has placed greater emphasis on the use of heat exchangers with better thermal efficiency. In this new scenario, the plate heat exchanger can play an important role.
- Cooling capacity of 5 up to 360 kW
- Coolers of the DOC® Series are suitable for most industrial hydraulic applications
- Due to the brazed contact points between the plates, the coolers has a very sturdy design this allows best possible resistance against high operating pressures
* 32 bar for series DOC® 14, 30 and 60 16
* bar for series DOC® 20 and 77
- Brazed design allows temperatures up to 225°C
- The sturdy connection blocks allow high fastening torques for assembling
Application of Plate heat Exchangers:
The plate Heat Exchangers is designed with either single-pass or multi-pass flow, depending on the duty. For most duties single-pass is suitable and often the preferred solution as it keeps all connections on the stationary frame part and consequently makes disassembly easier. Multi-Pass however, is required when flow rates are low or when approach temperatures are close. Other factors such as building ceiling height or space limitations for handling of large plates often leads to the decision to use multi-pass and thereby more and smaller plates.
A plate Heat Exchangers is a unit which transfers heat continuously from one media to another media without adding energy to the process. The basic concept of a plate and frame Heat Exchanger is two liquids flowing on either side of a thin corrugated metal plate so heat may be easily transferred between the two.
The plates are compressed by means of tie bolts between a stationary frame part (called the head) and a movable frame part (called the follower).
The plate Heat Exchanger efficiency requires less floor space compared to other types of Heat Transfer equipment and is lighter in weight.
- Less Fouling
- Lower Cost
- Compact Design
- Temperature Control
- Avoid Cross Contamination
- Easy maintenance and Cleaning
- Multiple Duties in a single Unit
- Design of a Plate Heat Exchanger
- High Value for overall heat transfer coefficient