Floating Heat Exchangers
The Tipo Company actively involved in supplying Floating Heat Exchanger. It is a specially designed heat exchanger in which one end of the tube sheet is fixed to the shell and the other one can freely float inside the shell. It is widely used in applications where there is high stress in the axial direction of the shell and tubes because of the difference in temperature between hot and cold fluid.
This floating head heat exchanger is a good crossion resistance device or unit used to condense a substance from its gaseous to its liquid state, by cooling it. In so doing, the latent heat is given up by the substance, and will transfer to the condenser coolant. Condensers are typically heat exchangers which have various designs and come in many sizes ranging from rather small to very large industrial-scale units used in plant processes. This product have been widely used in such fields as petro-chemical, chemical, salt manufacturing, pharmacy, metallurgy, power, electronics, sea-engineering and environment protection, by Global Top 50 Chemicals for one decade.
Floating Head Heat Exchanger Design
According to different requirements, the floating head on a floating head heat exchanger can be designed into various types, in addition to consider that the tube bundle can move freely within the device, we must also take into the convenience of maintenance, installation, and cleaning for the heat exchanger.
Applications of Floating Heat Exchangers:
- The floating head heat exchanger provides the widest variety of applications. It is mainly used for heat exchange operations in the chemical industries in general and in the petrochemical industry in particular.
- A floating head is excellent for applications where the difference in temperature between the hot and cold fluid causes unacceptable stresses in the axial direction of the shell and tubes. The floating head can move, i.e. provides the possibility to expand in the axial direction.
Types of Floating Heat Exchangers:
- Internal floating head
a) With clamp ring
b) Without clamp ring
- External floating head
- Easy cleaning of tube side and shell side
- Can be operated under high temperature
- Suitable for serious scaling occasions
- Tube bundle can be pulled out to facility cleaning the tube side and shell side.
- Temperature difference between two medium is not limited.
- The heat exchanger can be operated under high temperature and high pressure, the average temperature is less than or equal to 450℃，and pressure is less than or equal to 6.4MPa.
- This kind of heat exchanger is suitable for the serious scaling occasion.
- This kind of heat exchanger is suitable for the easy corrosion occasion.