Immiscible Fluid Exchanger
About Immiscible Fluid Exchanger:
- Cleanability – how easy the equipment is to clean.
- Compactness – how small or large the equipment’s footprint is.
- Ease of repair – how easy the equipment is to maintain and repair.
- Extension – how easily the equipment can be modified or extended.
- Plugging risk – how susceptible the equipment is to fouling or clogging.
Uses For Immiscible Fluid Exchanger : –
Heat transfer (and, by analogy, mass transfer) between immiscible fluids in laminar parallel flow is analyzed as a conjugated boundary value problem. Exact solutions are developed in terms of known functions by solving for the temperature fields in the two phases separately for constant boundary conditions, then generalizing the results to obtain solutions for the interfacial temperature distribution and the complete temperature field for the conjugated system. The analysis and the results of calculations for heat transfer between two immiscible films flowing down an adiabatic inclined plane are presented. It is shown that axial conduction can be included, and the effects of axial conduction in one stream are examined. The predicted Nusselt numbers are plotted versus axial position for various parameters, and the interfacial temperatures and mixed mean fluid temperatures for the two phases are plotted to elucidate the heat transfer characteristics.