Closed Circuit Evaporative Cooling Towers operate similarly to open towers except there is a heat exchanger coil within the tower that separates the cooling tower water from the building cooling water. During operation cooling tower water is pumped from the basin up to a spray header where it is then sprayed onto a coil containing the building cooling water, thereby cooling it down. Since building cooling water is contained in the coil, it is not exposed to the atmosphere and not subject to fouling caused by oxygen and dirt. An evaporative cooler (also swamp cooler, desert cooler and wet air cooler) is a device that cools air through the evaporation of water. Evaporative cooling differs from typical air conditioning systems, which use vapor-compression or absorption refrigeration cycles.
When comparing a closed cooling tower’s cost to that of an open cooling tower with a plate and frame heat exchanger, the closed tower tends to have a higher first cost unless you look at the complete cooling tower system with adjacent components. This is because one must remember that open cooling towers often require filtration equipment and plate and frame heat exchangers are highly susceptible to fouling due to the small pathways within the unit. An open tower with a plate and frame heat exchanger will also require an extra set of pumps. When you add in the plate and frame heat exchanger, filtration and additional sets of pumps the open tower system can actually be a higher first cost than that of a closed loop. Operationally, closed cooling towers maintain their efficiency better than open towers with plate and frame heat exchangers simply because their heat transfer capability is far less impaired by surface fouling.
- Honeycomb PVC Wet deck design for most optimal air & Water usage
- Air Flow – Parallel at coil side & cross at fill side for efficient heat transfer
- Optimized spray water flow to coil for maximum heat transfer
- Side access door for easy online maintenance
- Electronic De-scaling device for trouble free operation
- Direct Drive fan arrangement in Closed Circuit Evaporative Cooling Towers
- Continuous coil without welded joints
- Robust corrosion resistant structural material for long life
- Large diameter laminar flow nozzles for clog free operation