Coil Type Heat Exchanger need special requirements as to dimensional tolerances, finish and tempers for use in condensers and heat exchangers.
These Copper or coil type heat exchanger tubes are normally supplied in straight length in annealed & half hard temper.
The copper tubes shaped by are metal industries not only have the stiff tolerances but also have the most dependable dimensions throughout the tube length.
The tube surface is clean both inside and outside with no caustic stains.
The copper tubes produced by are metal industries are suitable to transfer heat in a wide variety of operating conditions and to refuse to accept decay for the longest period of time possible under the harshest operating circumstances.
Coil type heat exchangers are more efficient than shell and tube exchangers for low flow rates. Due to their simple construction they are low in price and easy to clean on the shell side.
Their thermal efficiency approximates that of a true counter current flow type exchanger. Condensers are used for condensation of vapours and cooling of liquids. Condensers are made by fusing number of parallel coils in a glass shell. Coils are made in different diameters using tubes of different bores.
COIL TYPE HEAT EXCHANGERS METHODOLOGY
- The coil type heat exchangers are constructed using circular layers of helically corrugated tubes placed inside a light compact shell.
- The fluid in each layer flows in the opposite direction to the layer surrounding it, producing a criss-cross pattern.
- The large number of closely packed tubes creates a significant heat transfer surface within a light compact shell.
- The alternate layers create a swift uniform heating of fluids increasing the total heat transfer coefficient.
- The corrugated tubes produce a turbulent flow where the desired feature of fluctuating velocities is achieved.
- This haphazard movement of fluid particles reduces deposit build up by performing a “scoop and lift” action. The connection locations and angle of entry is specially selected to reduce the probability of debris build up
ADVANTAGES OF COIL TYPE HEAT EXCHNAGERS:
- Advantages of coil type heat exchangers include high efficiency, flexibility, low pressure drop, they require little maintenance, are compact and lightweight, and are also easy and inexpensive to install.
- Coil heat exchangers tend to have higher efficiency than other types because of the large number of closely aligned tubes.
- This design aspect enlarges the heat transfer area, which results in a higher heat transfer coeffect overall.
- This efficiency equates to higher production while using less energy and that means big savings both upfront and in the long run.
- The coil type heat exchanger is also known for being compact and lightweight due again to the closely packed tubes.
APPLICATIONS OF COIL TYPE HEAT EXCHANGERS
- Heating Systems
- Chilled Water Systems
- Ground Water Systems
- Residential Use
- District Heating Systems heating systems that distribute heat from one or more heating sources to multiple buildings